Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

And I responded to it.

I'm not interested in "discussing" this issue "offline" as I don't wish to limit discussion, thereby limit my options.  I posted openly so as many as want can respond.  When possible, I like more than one opinion.

HP Recommended

Hey guys since customer support treated me so badly I wanted to know if I can place a corsair psu and a 6850 ati card on my desktop

here's a link to it http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01775370

I really need to know this guys thank you very much. I also have the chatlog with their support if anyone's interested

HP Recommended

Hi Eugene,

I replaced my PSU with a Corsair HX 650.  The Corsair VX 550 might be another choice for you.  The HX 650 was a good fit for my needs. The cables are a bit long but you should be able to make them fit in nicely.

You might want to measure the length of the 6850 as space inside is a bit tight.   The 6850 is 9.25 to10.25" in length depending on the card manufacturer.  I installed the NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB and it's only 8.25" in length.  You'll have to open up your PC and do some measuring to see if that 6850 is going to give you problems.  The 6850 is a double wide card so the slot adjacent to the PCI-E x16 slot need s to be vacant.

Review the ATI and NVIDIA performance specifications. Look at the memory bandwidth specifications and the DirectX level support.

How to replace a power supply.

How to replace a video card.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Yes the doublewide and the length is sort of an issue. I checked my case and saw a small card o chip something on the 3rd slot. So is it still feasible to buy the ati card or will it cause problems. I don't know what this chip is called but if it helps the plug is green in the outside. I'm currently using a g210 which is around 6 inches and about 1 cm above my ram would this be a problem?

HP Recommended

Eugene,

These are the motherboard specifications for your PC.  If the slot next to the PCI-E x16 is vacant then you should be OK.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I don't think so, it's placed on the black bar above the white bar. Can I remove it?

EDIT:

Ah it's vacant but I just wanted to be sure because it seems like a very tight fit

HP Recommended

You might want to consider the NIVIDA 4xx from a fit prospective but the 6850 has a good price/performance ratio.

I generally don't recommend the newer ATI for older PCs as I have seen a few posts where users couldn't get the card to be recognized.  Know what the return policy before you buy.

HP Recommended

Yeah the 6850 is a really good card for its price and it's really good in crossfire. I'm kinda scared that ati won't work since I've been using an nvidia card all this time. Do you think the risks are high that it won't work on my mobo?

HP Recommended

I can't say for sure that the 6850 will not work in your particular PC. Your PC was made in 2009 so you might be OK.  The issues that I did see were with the ATI 5xxx cards.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help! At least now I know that I can replace my psu and hopefully my video card 😄

Bye!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.