Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I just received my HP Envy Recline 23-k011 and was working on getting it set up last night. I was trying out some of the features and tried hooking both my XBox and a cable box (not simultaneously) to the HDMI in port on the lower left side of the screen. Neither were recognized. I turned both sources on and off. I toggled the button under the screen which Indicates it is supposed to switch from the pc to the external video source and nothing happened no matter how many times I pushed it or how long i held it in.

I updated the drivers for both the integrated and dedicated video cards. I restarted a number of times. I tried downloading a pip driver from hp but it's not compatible with my model.

I can't find any settings for display or the graphics that mention any external sources to switch to. I can't even figure out of this is a hardware or software issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the solution for me was to:

hit the windows button and type 'hp my display'

Now your hdmi button should work.

to make this permanent on reboot go to the options tab in the hp my display UI and check off 'run as system start-up'.

(I don't know why there are so many posts on this and not a single HP rep suggested it)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Onesidezero, 

Welcome to the Forums!

I came across your post about connecting your Xbox and Cable box to your HP ENVY Recline 23-k011 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC via HDMI and having no luck with the connection. I have looked into this problem for you and have found a helpful guide for you to see.

I am hoping this helps you resolve the issue!

Using an HDMI Game Console or HDMI Video Player with your TouchSmart PC

All the best, 

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try left-clicking with the wireless mouse while holding down the HDMI IN button, which is located on the underside of the monitor near the lower-left corner.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended

Hi Onesidezero,

I have had a little adventure since posting my last reply.

I reread your post, and then borrowed my boss's ENVY Recline 23-030 to see if I could replicate the problem you had. It had been working fine. I connected a tablet to the HDMI-in port, pressed HDMI-IN button, and confirmed that the computer switched to the tablet image. I switched back to PC mode, opened Device Manager, and under Display Adapters, I right-clicked the Intel driver, and selected Update Driver Software. An update installed. After restarting the computer, the HDMI button didn't work anymore! I rolled back the driver, and the button still did not work! I disabled the Intel driver, restarted, and still the button did not work. I enabled the Intel driver, restarted, and nothing. I was in a panic. I decided to update the driver again, and this time, when I restarted, the button once again worked.

I'm not sure which thing I did made the button work again, but it does now, and my boss's computer is not broken, much to my relief.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended

You have to update the Touch Smart app. Right click, and go to the tab. You might need to uninstall the current version, but go back to their website to update it

HP Recommended

the solution for me was to:

hit the windows button and type 'hp my display'

Now your hdmi button should work.

to make this permanent on reboot go to the options tab in the hp my display UI and check off 'run as system start-up'.

(I don't know why there are so many posts on this and not a single HP rep suggested it)

HP Recommended

to be clear, this fixes the buttons, but it doesn't fix the hdmi audio. On all the forum posts there's never been a fix for hdmi audio on windows 10.

HP Recommended
I believe uninstalling and updating the "HP My Display" app worked. Thank you for the suggestion.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.