Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have a hp2509p that we bought and a month after the warranty expired the screen went dead. Called hp and the tec at first told me that they did not have that model and it was not one they manufactured. After talking to his supervisor they found the model but told me since it is out of warranty they will not do anything. One month out of warranty. I spent almost $300 for a junk monitor that they do not even know that they manufactured. I wish Hp would man up and do something about it.
HP Recommended

I'm going to NAB in April and I plan to raise hell at their booth (which is huge) over this issue with my 2509 monitor.  There is no way they could not know there was a systemic problem with this series and they should have issued a recall.  I believe all who have had monitor issues should demand a recall.  I am furious at HPs cavalier handling of customer complaints.

This may rise to the level of government involvement (Department of Consumer Affairs).  It has now become a mission for me. I would like to collect as many names and serial numbers as possible.  Please email me at kennicholson2@comcast.net with this info that I will take to NAB.  What say ye?

HP Recommended
I will be glad to send you that info to add me into the complaint. I did not know it was that many screens that were giving this issue. I will email that info to you
HP Recommended

I with you KenInPost! Typing this looking through my dying 2509m lucky I not having a seizure from flickering.

You can add my serial and name to the list. Look for email.

HP Recommended

The link you posted results in a

404 Page Not Found

HP Recommended

THIS IS A REPOST WITH SOME TYPO CORRECTIONS:

I had the same flickering problem with my HP2509m monitor.  The 1st monitor lasted a little less than 2 years.  Still under warranty (2 years from Costco) HP replaced the monitor and this is my current monitor, which I have been using for almost 3 years.  I had the same flickering that was first a nagging 5 second problem which was tolerable.  It grew to about 20 to 30 minutes before the flickering would stop.  I was looking around for a replacement monitor.  Then I decided to try playing with the monitor controls.  I made changes to the settings and changed it back when the flickering continued.

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM, for my monitor anyway!!!  Somebody else, please try this to see if it works for more than mine.

On the monitor control at bottom right of the screen, try this:

Press Menu

Move focus to Management
Click OK
Move focus to Power Saver. press OK and set it to Off

Move focus to Power-On Recall, press OK and set it to Off

I POSTED THIS 2 MONTHS AGO BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY POSTING FROM ANYONE WHO TRIED MY SOLUTION.

TRY IT AND TELL ME IF IT WORKS OR NOT.

HP Recommended

Wish we still had the monitor to give this fix a whirl.  Kudos to you for hanging in there and figuring this out. 

HP Recommended

Trying it out right now.  Reset Power Saver and Power-On Recall both to OFF.  No improvement.  I'll leave it on for a while, annoying though it is...

I'm compiling and printing all of these 2509 monitor issues to take with me to NAB.  Look Out HP, here I come.

HP Recommended

I tried the fix but alas it did not work for me.

my unit is from May 2010.  HP 2509m,  serial #  3CQO201DRB. 

I decreased the brightness to 50% about 14 months ago and at least it still works after flickering for 20 to 50 seconds.  It did start to fail just after the 2 year warranty from COSTCO was over.

HP Recommended

Sorry it didn't work for you.  I did click around a lot and maybe I missed noting one of the changes I made.  Anyway here are my settings in the 2 areas I adjusted.

Under Management

Power Saver - Off

Power-On Recall - Off

Mode Display - On

Monitor Status - Off

DCC/CI Support - On

Bezel Power LED - On

Under Image Control

Sharpness - 4

Video OverDrive - Off

Dynamic Contrast Ratio - Off

Try it and see.  There's always the factory reset, which I won't touch since mine is working for the last 2 months.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.