Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Shinichi...

My daughter has a Acer laptop with windows 7 and she told me that you should hold down your Fn key and use up\down arrows to control volume. the onscreen display maybe by a third party. You may have to find out who that is & if your computer is HP go to there web page and get a update for the OSD for your model.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

I can't find any OSD.EXE in my computer and the HP website. When I install sp44447.exe, it doesn't contain OSD.EXE.

HP Recommended

Did your computer come with the OSD and did it ever work, or are you just thinking it did?

There are several free downloads for your on screen volume display.

I had a old HP 554y that had OSD for the volume, but my 2 newer compaq's with Vista don't have it.

All we get is windows volume control from the speaker next to the clock on the task bar.

HP Recommended

I know that there are many OSD for volume, but I want the on screen volume display from HP, just like the picture below. That's why I buy HP keyboard.

HP Recommended

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-85364-1

Your control panel for your OSD keyboard is in your control panel go there and doble click the keyboard i-con.

if its not there then microsoft didn't put it in ,not HP if you got a CD software with your keyboard install it from there.

You can get the micro soft OSD from microsoft download.Untitled.jpg

@Shinichi wrote:

I know that there are many OSD for volume, but I want the on screen volume display from HP, just like the picture below. That's why I buy HP keyboard.

HP Recommended

Try this maybe it will give you the control of the OSD you want.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-90653-1n...

HP Recommended

I have tired the first link you gave me and then I installed the driver. However, the driver doesn't work for me.

The second link is unavailable.

You said that I can install the microsoft OSD, but can I get the same OSD effect as I have mentioned before?

HP Recommended

Excellent, I suddenly get the OSD effect after I install the drivers given by windy. Thanks windy.

Although the windows saying that the driver cannot run, but the OSD is working.

I try to figure out how to solve it.

My OSD:smileytongue:

HP Recommended

I got a message "can't open ACPI kernel Mode Driver" after installing the driver.

How can I solve it?

HP Recommended

Shinichi... Try uninstalling your OSD from control panel, programs & Features and see if you nolonger are told at start-up of a

ACPI error. if it starts up normally then try reinstalling the OSD driver  sp46272.exeUntitled.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.