Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
SR5710f
Vista

I installed a new cooling fan, booted the computer and I then recieved a notice that the PCI Memory Controller Driver needed to update. I let it search the internet, and it could not update. My question is simple: I am running on that computer in question now, my ram shows, everything works fine, Do I need this driver? And if so where can I download it from HP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have left the issue alone until I received an update on the original post. I went into Device Manager and looked for the original issue, it is not there. I have run a defrag and cleaned the computer since the original post, I guess it was cleaned away. Everything is working right, the only PCI card is one for a fax modem that is never used. Please mark this as closed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the following information:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/unable-to-find-or-install-pci-...

You may need the following chipset (from Moderator's reply):

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/465083/geforce-drivers/new-drivers-for-a-geforce-6150se-nfo...

Did you upgrade the machine from Vista to Window 8.1 ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have not and will not even consider using Windows 8, 8.1, and if they are still using the Metro theme, Windows 10.

This happened, yesterday when I booted up, I have checked the drivers and everything is working fine. It only shows up in Device Manager > Other Devices > PCI Memory Controller. I have tried to have Windows update it, it sasy it cannot find anything even online. I have even uninstalled and rebooted which installs the default driver, all that happens is the yellow sign stays one the notice.

The PCI in this case is a graphics card, for 3D rendering for gaming, I don't game and have seen no issues come up.

NVIDIA says that if I am having no issues to leave well enough alone. I have no idea what is wrong.

HP Recommended

I have left the issue alone until I received an update on the original post. I went into Device Manager and looked for the original issue, it is not there. I have run a defrag and cleaned the computer since the original post, I guess it was cleaned away. Everything is working right, the only PCI card is one for a fax modem that is never used. Please mark this as closed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.