Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
No lid these are all in one touch screens?
HP Recommended

I think I might have made some headway with this problem. I had a friend call me up and he was suffering from these same issues. The partial solution (and probably the major part) that I discovered is that there was a critical BIOS update that had not been done. Because Windows 10 was already installed it didn't show up on the HP Support page or the HP Update software. The way I got around this was to tell the HP support website that i had Windows 8.1. The update then appeared. I downloaded the latest BIOS update for his model and installed it. (BTW: it worked just fine in Windows 10). Once I updated, the dim screen issue was resolved. However, as far as the screensaver, auto sleep, or auto hibernate are still not working. You can manually put the computer to sleep via a button or the start menu and it comes back out just fine. His was an AMD based All-in-one and i don't recall if anyone has had issues with the Intel based platforms.

So to recap... If you haven't installed 10 yet make sure you do the BIOS update first. If you have, goto the support website and enter your model. Change the OS to Windows 8.1. Download and install.

If anyone has anymore insight, PLEASE reply so others can benefit. Good luck and enjoy Windows 10. And if anyone has a solution for the sleep/hibernate/screensaver issue please respond.

HP Recommended

recieved a new AMD video driver yesterday and a new windows 10 load thru windows update however it did not fix the issue?

HP Recommended
Did u try the BIOS update?
HP Recommended

This works.  I spent hours on this and so did Windows support.  This worked in 10 minutes.  Thank you very much for posting solution.

HP Recommended
Glad to help.
HP Recommended

Thanks..I also had the same issue on my 23-f217c HP all in one.  Screen dim after sleep mode. I had bios 80.04 and updated it to 80.11. Its always a little scary to do that cause I am running windows 10 and I downloaded the windows 8.1 update. I waited a long time to see what hp would do and finally gave up and went ahead after reading your post.. It Worked!!

HP Recommended

Thank you Mike1881! After 6 months of no one from HP giving a sh*t about my problem, your suggestion fixed everything for me! Thank you so much!!!

HP Recommended

Not a problem. If you have any other issues let me know and I'll give u a hand.

HP Recommended
Made the BIOS update and the sleep dimming issue is gone. Note this was done with Win 10 already installed.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.