Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can i please have the current BIOS version for the above motherboard for AMD computers?  Below are a few system specs if they are needed:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

Processor AMD A4-3420 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer PEGATRON CORPORATION
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.17196"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.49 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.43 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.9 GB
Page File Space 7.50 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I am looking for the last BIOS version that was made for this motherboard.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your computer ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My computer is the Pavilion p6-2100 which currently has and AMI BIOS version 7.15 (HOL_715.ROM). There is not a bios update on my PC's product page.  However, HP manufactured computers with the same internal hardware (motherboard, processor(s), graphics card, sound card, etc) that had a higher AMI BIOS version than 7.15.  The only thing different was the OEM operating system, Windows 7 v. Windows 8.   What I want to know is what is the last BIOS version that HP used for computers with the identical system makeup?

HP Recommended

Can anyone answer the question asked above?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You do have a question but it's not a valid question. The identical system setup would need to have the same product number and in your case it's product number QW795AA.  HP has not posted a BIOS update for product number QW795AA.

Your post in very familiar with a recent post using the same motherboard.. hmmmmm

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

If you are referring to this post, (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/Pegatron-AAHD2-HY-Holly-motherboard-Bios-Update/td-p/4...), I will agree they are similar and pretty much ask the same questions.  I read the thread and "mattnc79" didn't get anywhere and I am assuming that I will not as well as far as HP is concerned.  I thought that if maybe I was a little more aggressive in my pursuit than he was I could have a different outcome.

I have been from forum to forum (HP, Microsoft, Tom's Hardware, BadFlash.com, Motherboard Homeworld, Wim's Bios Page) and yet am still in that same place I was in when I started.  It would stand to reason that since the software environment changed from Windows 7 to Windows 8, the BIOS versions that were shipped out with systems that came with windows 8 were tweaked to better support the system.  I'm not saying they came with a completely new BIOS version, just a different revision to the same BIOS.  I have came across identical HP systems (hardware wise) whose bios level was higher than the AMI 7.15 BIOS.  The only thing different was the OEM operating system that came with the computer.

Is my thought process incorrect or flawed? If it is please tell me bacause I have wasted entirely too much time on this subject.  I just thought that if HP was not going to release a completely new BIOS revision, it could at least provide the revisions to the native BIOS that came with the system.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't think that your thought process is flawed.  It seems to reason that there would be a later BIOS version somewhere. I did some searching on the "hollly" motherboard but couldn't find anything and I did check a significant number of different models.  Perhaps when the Holly2 motherboard was configured in PCs then the later BIOS was released.  Sometimes a higher  E.C. (engineering level)  motherboard will require a higher level BIOS.

From what I have observed from HP, BIOS updates usually stop after one year from when the PC was introduced to the market.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

OK, So I am looking to you. Your avitar does have HP Expert beside it.  I know that it is not suggested to tamper with your BIOS or use any other BIOS files other than those that come directly from HP.  However, from your observation, HP typically issues BIOS updates for only up to one year post production.  I know that I will not be the first HP customer that has sought out a non HP BIOS.  Hypothetically speaking, if one wanted to pursue an alternate means of obtaining a BIOS update, other than HP, what advice or legitimate resources could that person seek out to further investigate? 

I realize that this is an HP forum and that this question may lay outside the scope of what this forum is for. But then again, this forum is for problems associated with HP computers and I have a problem that I can not find a solution to.  

I don't know if I specifically stated why I needed the BIOS update for or not.  After upgrading to Windows 8.1 pro from Windows 7 Ultimate, none of the USB devices perform the way the operating system tells them to.  This is after applying hotfixes and even manually changing registry entries, both of which were provided by Microsoft. This problem is not unique to me.  There are a multitude of people with the same issue and, from what I have read, a BIOS update fixed their issues.   I have spoken to Microsoft and was told that it is due to the BIOS level that I am running and that an update would fix the problem.  Hence me inquiring about the revisions of the AMI 7.15 BIOS version.  

I am certain that this motherboard will support a different BIOS level, it's just a matter of getting my hands on it.  If I can not, what would you suggest I do? Replace the motherboard? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Modifying the system with an unsupported BIOS is outside of the scope of this forum.  It is what it is as they say.

As far as a BIOS update goes, you might search for a HP PC system with the Holly motherboard that was released and shipped with Windows 8.  However, I have seen very few if any of the newer BIOS updates that were documented to correct USB issues.

Windows 8 USB drivers for non-Intel USB controllers are supplied by the manufacturers otherwise the standard W8 USB drivers are used.

The information that you posted indicates that your PC in running in UEFI mode which is not what HP delivers for your particular model.  The information that you did post is derived from msinfo32 and it's incomplete.

HP doesn’t have an official presence on this forum other than for administration and moderation. The assistance that you receive is mainly from volunteers.

HP Recommended

Ok Gotcha.  What is the difference between the Holly  and the Holly 2 motherboard.  The only difference that I can see in comparing the two are form factor, the Holly's uATX: 24.38 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.38 cm (9.6 inches) and the Holly 2's

uATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches), chipset the Holly is AMD Hudson D2-FCH and the Holly 2 is AMD A55. The processor upgrade options are different and internal connector options are varied but they are pretty much alike.  Even the diagrams are alike.  I don't know if you are familiar with the Pirifor speccy program but it identifies my chipset mode as the A55/A60M not Hudson D2-FCH.  They could be the same and its not using the same verbage.  (See below) Could the BIOS for the HP Pavilion p6-2376 be used.  If not, could i replace my holly 1 with the holly 2?

Speccy.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.