Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The BIOS update I got was for my  motherboard and it is in the HP FTP repository at:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70001-70500/sp70376.exe

However before you try installing this BIOS please ensure that your mtherboard is correctly identified.

Following are notes that come with BIOS 8.20. Check your motherboard compatibility.

TITLE: HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2ADA)

VERSION: 8.20 REV: A PASS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
This package provides an update to the HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM
Family SSID 2ADA) for supported models running a supported operating system

PURPOSE: Critical
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP70376.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: e994a0ae5f2887969826478fdff7cb28
SUPERSEDES: SP68086
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 12, 2015
CATEGORY: BIOS
SSM SUPPORTED: No

PRODUCT TYPE(S):
Desktops

HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ENVY 700-0xx PC
HP Pavilion Slimline 400-0xx PC
HP Pavilion p6-XXXX Desktop (Joshua)
HP Pavilion p7-XXXX Desktop
HP Pavilion Slimline s5-XXXX
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1xxx PC
HP Pavilion p6 PC
HP Pavilion p7-1xxx PC
HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1xxx PC

HP Recommended

Di

Did you ever find a solution to that Joshua system board BIOS/UEFI issue?  I have the exact same issue with my HP Pavillion using the same board.  HP seems to be in denial about this.

HP Recommended

jrhdallas

Did you try the steps I recommended a couple of posts back in this thread?  I feel reasonably confident it will work for you seeing that you have the same Joshua motherboard.

Edward

HP Recommended

Hi.

Me little help Emma solution. Me Windows 10 loaded,  and i save any personal data into an external drive just in case. And next me restart computer and its wrong.. windows not startet. Me not installed Run sp70376.exe (8.20 Rev A for SSID 2ADA). Solution not restart computer you not installed BIOS update, maybe help.

Tried again according to the instructions but no longer work in Windows was unable to at be done BIOS update.

Im tired and next im going to shop and BUY new motherboard.

Cheers,

ReptalEST

I have managed to resolve this on a Pavilion P6-2371ea that had been upgraded to Windows 10. The solution may be pretty generic across all PC's with a Joshua H61 UATX, SSID 2ADA, motherboard. The PC wasn't even getting to POST. Follow the steps below if you're sure it's not a standard power or monitor issue.

1. Power off and unplug mains cable. Press power button to discharge PSU.
2. Remove BIOS battery, hard drive
3. Remove memory
4. Power up and ensure you get 5 warning beeps (memory check)
5. Repeat step 1.
6. Insert a single memory module
7. Power up holding Windows key + B (don't know for sure that this did anything but it's sequence for getting into BIOS recovery on laptops I think so worth a punt). Had to hold for 1-2 minutes.
8. Repeat 3 thru 7 but keep swapping memory module position until it gets to POST screen with the option of F1 to boot.
9. Once you can successfully get to step 8 then you can do the same thing with the disk in. Connect disk and repeat steps 3 thru 7. At step 8 press F1 to boot.
10. With Windows 10 loaded, save any personal data into an external drive just in case.
11. Run sp70376.exe (8.20 Rev A for SSID 2ADA)
12. Reboot a few times to check functionality

HP Recommended

I have bad news and good news for you.

The bad news:

I too have had my Joshua motherboard rendered useless, and I tried all the steps above many times (except buying a new Joshua motherboard) without success.

The good news:

I bought a used motherboard (made by Intel and not HP), installed it in my HP P6-2355 chassis, and got it working.  I'm using it now.

My recommendation ... don't do what I did.

Don't throw good time and money trying to repair a HP desktop. 

Throw any and all HP hardware in the trash (or donate it to Goodwill or something) as soon as you encounter any problems with it, assuming it lasts to the end of the warranty period.   

Buy another desktop.   Lots of people and places have used / reconditioned machines for sale.  Many are cheaper than the cost of a replacement Joshua motherboard.  Check on eBay, or Craigslist, or your local computer stores and repair shops.

Good luck, all of you fellow sufferers.

HP Recommended

Yes, I will probably try to find an inexpensive LGA 1155 system board.  Which Intel board did you find and for how much?

HP has known about this problem for some time.  I am surprised there was not a class action lawsuit filed on this issue. 

Thanks for your response.  I have read most of the reports on his forum, and the HP moderators seem to be concerned more about covering for HP than offering solutions.  They simply do not want to pay for the system board or computer replacements.  Who knows if Microsoft's Windows 10  had any culpability with some of these.  That was not the case with me, but dozens of people mentioned the problem.

HP Recommended

Well, based on what I did on the one machine, I now feel confident that I will be able to replcate that sucess on another Joshua motherboard machine.

[content removed]

best

Edward

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.