Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently installed the anniversary update and it wiped out my ethernet controller.  I was reading a win 10 support forum and they suggested downloading an updated qualcomm driver (should have come here).  I recently noticed a large amount of disk space in use.  After researching, i found the qualcomm atheros driver is 22.4 gb?!? Wow.. seems excessive for a driver.. Any opinions? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't think that is the right one because NO avialable driver for Windows 10 on the vendor's site:

https://www.atheros-drivers.com/atheros-network-drivers.html

Have you tried driver for Windows 8 ?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58001-58500/sp58364.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi BH - thanks for the reply; i left out the fact that I did not download the driver from the hp site, which you may have figured out.. How do you recommend I do the driver switch? 

1. Download sp58364.

2. Uninstall current driver.

3. Install sp58364?

Also, if I use the drivers tool (here at HP) and let it check my pc, won't it inform me of outdated or incorrect drivers?

Thanks - Tony

HP Recommended

Hello, the Win 8.1 driver did not work; error stated an incompatible OS when trying to install.  

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tony

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.