Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi,
New here.
I have a hp pavilion w2338h lcd monitor using the hdmi port for connection and using the monitor as a lcd tv set.

Question. Can I use a hp mce medis center remote control with this model? I am using Verizon Fios multi room DVR as the broadband digital tv provider. The set dosnt have a ubs port but the DVR set does.

Thanks and I look forward to any helpful replies.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

It does not have a receiver. You can control it from your computer. Here is its specs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01604006

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, and thnaks you for your reply.

I was hoping a ubs IR remote receiver might plug into the DVR and operate the LED monitor but... thank you anyway. I guess I could get a small mini laptop running win7 and I might be in business... this is all pretty high tech for me.

Thanks again,

HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your DVR, normally they should already have a remote control. Can you plug the monitor DIRECTLY to the DVR to watch videos ? If YES then you ONLY need to control the DVR, not the monitor.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Hi,
Its a Mulitroom DVR supplied by Verizon FIOS. And yes they supplied a remote control but it does not turn onor off the HP Pavilion w2338h LCD monitor, as well as no menu or sound controls. I'm looking for a second remote as the Verizon one does not control all funtions. The DVR is a motorola hd/DVR QIP6416-2

Thanks again.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Well, in this case, other remote control may not work at all because the DVR accepts only command from its "master".

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Thank you very much........ you stated this very clearly. The DVR works both tv and video......
Its Verizon supplied remote control that is not working all the way. Thank you...I understand now.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.