HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-20-2009 01:08 PM - last edited on 05-13-2013 04:42 PM by Teresa_H
Welcome to the Consumer Support Forum - a place where you can connect with others using HP products. Here you can give and receive assistance for all your product needs.
Here is what you will need to include in your post:
1. Key Information: Product information
- Printer Notebook or Desktop Product Name and Number: This information can be found on the Service Tag Label affixed to the product and looks something like this:
If you need more help finding your model number, click here.
- Operating System (including service pack revision): For example, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit version.
- Error messages: Printer or computer screen errors such as, “Low disc space” error".
- Recent hardware or software changes made to the system: For example, did you recently add a printer or USB drive or install new software.
2. Issue Description Information
- A descriptive title and issue summary: Include the product name and issue in the title; "PhotoSmart Printer 2610 Paper Jam" and provide a specific problem description.
- Troubleshooting performed: Share your troubleshooting history and any information to duplicate the issue.
- Connection Method: Share relevant connection information: USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
3. Other tips for optimizing our community include:
- Post in the correct area: Make sure your question is posted on the correct forum board - e.g., Printer problems should be posted in the printer boards.
- Search before posting: See if someone has already asked/answered your question.
- Watch for Feedback: When someone answers your post you will be notified via email. Make sure to watch your email for updates so that you can provide any further information and resolve your problem promptly.
- Mark it "Solved": If your problem is solved mark it. solved by clicking “Accept as Solution”. This will help others with similar issues find the solution. If an existing answer works for you, click the "Kudos" button to let others know the solution worked for you.
There are several other features in our Forum, which might be useful to you if you visit the Forum frequently. Check these out below:
The HP Support Forum Team
My role on the forum is to help make this experience the best. Please let me know if the forums aren't working as good as they should be.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!