Question

HP Admin
Sharit_S
Message 1 of 1 (10,717 Views)

How To Send A Private Message

[ Edited ]

A private message is similar to an email. You can send and receive messages from anyone on the Forum without exchanging any personal information.

To send a Private Message (or PM):

1. Click on the screen name of the user, you want to contact.

2. The person’s profile page will open. At the right hand side, under Contact Me options, click on the “Send this user a private message” link.

NewPM1.JPG        NewPM2.JPG

3. This will open a window to create the message you want to send. Write an appropriate Message Subject and then write the main message in the Message Body.

4. Like creating a post, you can change font, color, size of the text and use various other utility buttons to create an appropriate message. When you are finished, click on Send Message.

NewPM3.JPG

Your message is now sent.

If somebody sends you a message, there will be a blue envelope icon right beside the Log Out link. To check your message box, click on the envelope icon.

NewPM4.JPG

You now know a lot of common & useful features in the Forum. Now, check out a few tips on starting an effective post, so that the community can provide you with meaningful suggestions for your issue.

Advice for asking the "Very Best Question"

I work for HP, supporting HP experts and trying to help this community as much as I can.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation