Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community!

You may notice that we have changed our look. 

We designed the new layout to make it easier for people to find what they are looking for.

While the look of the community has changed, the foundation of the community has not. All of the features you liked are still here.

Here are some of the highlights:

• The community pages are less complex and easier to navigate
  • Buttons are now easier to find because they are brightly colored. 
  • A new modular approach gives us greater freedom to launch improvements more quickly.

Below is a guide that walks you through the new design. We would love to have your feedback.

Where is information for new users located? 

Information for new users can be found by expanding the “Quick Links” menu on the right-hand side of any community page.  Once this menu is expanded, links such as Community FAQ, 1st Time Here, Rules of Participation, and more are listed. 

cs1.JPG

You may also navigate directly to the “Welcome!” area by following this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to/bd-p/Hello

How do I search the community for an answer to my issue?

To search the community, navigate to the search box on the top-right of any community page.  Here you may type in some keywords or a question and click the Go button to see your search results.

cs2.jpg

On the search results page, you will also be able to select from more advanced options such as narrowing results by location, by author, by accepted solution, and more.

What happened to my settings? 

Click the More Resources drop down menu on the right-hand side of any community page.  Once this menu is expanded, click User Settings to access your personal settings. 

cs3.JPG

In this area you can set a signature to use in the community which will be automatically applied to all of your posts, change your avatar, and more.

How do I see my profile?

To access your profile, please click the Quick Links drop down menu on the right-hand side of any community page.  Once this menu is expanded, click the Profile link.  Alternately, you may also click your username in the top-right My Community area of any community page to access your profile.

What is the Community Alert?

Occasionally we have some important information about the community to share with all of our community members.

Whenever we have important information to convey, the orange Community Alert link will become visible to all users at the top of every community page.  Please click this link when it’s available to read our update.

How do I upload a picture to the HP Consumer Support Community?

To upload a picture to the community, navigate to the Upload menu on the right-hand side of any community page and select Image Gallery:

cs4.jpg

On the Image Upload page, you can click the Browse button to choose a file to upload.

cs5.jpg

Where can I find my Private Messages?

Your private messages can be accessed by clicking the envelope icon in the My Community area to the right of any community page.

cs6.jpg

Alternately, you can select the “Messages” options in the Quick Links menu on the right side of any community page.

What happened to the “Send this user a private message” link?  I can’t find it.

To send a user a private message, navigate to the right-hand side of the user’s profile.  The “Send this user a private message” link is located in the Contact area below the My Community section.

cs7.jpg

You will also find options to add a community member to your list of friends, or ignore a community member in the Contact area of their profile.

What happened to the Best of the Community blog?

The Best of the Community blog can be accessed by clicking the Blogs dropdown at the top of any community page:

cs8.jpg

Where to I find the Top Contributors and Top Kudos posts now?

You can find the community’s Top Contributors, Top Kudos posts, and more in the Discussion Boards in the area at the bottom of the community homepage. 

cs9.jpg

To see the Top Contributors or Top Kudos Posts for a specific category, navigate the bottom of any category page after selecting a category link on the community homepage. 

cs10.jpg

How do I find my Subscriptions & Bookmarks?

You can navigate to your subscriptions and bookmarks by clicking the More Resources dropdown box on the right side of any community page and selecting My Subscriptions.

cs11.jpg 

Doing so will take you to the Subscriptions & Bookmarks area of your User Settings.

cs12.jpg

What is the Me Too button?

The “Me Too” button is a way for you to let us know that you’re experiencing the same issue as another community member.  If you are experiencing an issue identical to the one you see described in a post by another user, click the Me Too button to let us know!

cs13.jpg

I worked for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.