Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen notebook, with 1050 gtx nividia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Hp omen laptop with a gtx 1050 is having frame drops constantly in most games except for low requirement games, i dont know how to fix it or if i can get a new PC from Hp

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What is the full product number of your HP laptop?

It can be found in the HP Support Assistant.

What fixes have you tried yet?

HP Recommended

1KV79UA#ABA

I have tried defrag, using intel support assistant I did a factory reset nothing has seemed to work. 

HP Recommended

OK thanks.

I assume you are playing plugged into the power cord, not just battery correct?

Did you also go into the Nvidia control panel and set the performance mode?

Example...

global settings.JPG

and also make the GTX 1050 the primary card.

The Preferred graphics processor should not be on Auto Select.

gpu activity.JPG

Does that make any difference?
Let me know.
HP Recommended

It seems to be slightly better i was having weirdly low frames last night at one point but it seems to have become better 

HP Recommended

Just make sure its plugged in to the power cord while gaming and that the Nvidia Control Panel has the Preferred Graphics Card set to your GTX 1050, not Auto...

Heres the photo, just to make sure you know what I mean...

Screenshot_2018-10-26 Re Hp omen laptop is lagging.png

You didnt mention what game was lagging. If you still have issues, look at your temperatures to see if they are getting too high, causing throtteling.

HP Recommended

Fortnite and Dota mainly 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.