Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15 ec2xxxxx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all,

Just wondering what Adaptive Battery Optimizer really does when it is Enabled/Activated.

HP support says that it helps to prolong battery lifespan. But I like to know the specific details about it. Or even your experiences with the Enabled/Activated mode might help. Does it really limit the charge to a certain percent to prolong battery lifespan and cycle count? Like for example charging state stops at 80%

I'd like to know because I always use this laptop with hours of rendering. And keeping the battery plugged in gives me the maximum performance for long rendering sessions. But I don't like to sacrifice battery lifespan for that. Is enabling the Adaptive Battery Optimizer really worth it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@The_Timestone 

Please read the following article

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c06310986

Is your machine on the list ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.