Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PRODUCT #KN998UA#QBQ  HP PAVILION dv 2000

WINDOWS VISTA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found it under VIEW, Explorer Bars, but I don't think it's the latest version. I've posted a question about having all ready installed the Bing Bar-don't want it twice and am asking now how to get it. In the meantime on Windows Vista with IE8 or 9 installed it should show-up under view-Explorer bar for some strange reason! I left this out!! Sorry about that, but I came back to edit it. Just an idea and don't know if it will help, but for now, that's whee I founf it for me-Windows 7 IE9 with Bing previously installed!

LindaSView

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Check out Arkle1's post re. the SmartPrint button...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Web-Printing-Software/HP-Smartprint-button-unavailable/td-p/2873939

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I found it under VIEW, Explorer Bars, but I don't think it's the latest version. I've posted a question about having all ready installed the Bing Bar-don't want it twice and am asking now how to get it. In the meantime on Windows Vista with IE8 or 9 installed it should show-up under view-Explorer bar for some strange reason! I left this out!! Sorry about that, but I came back to edit it. Just an idea and don't know if it will help, but for now, that's whee I founf it for me-Windows 7 IE9 with Bing previously installed!

LindaSView

HP Recommended

Cheers for the info Linda

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Thanks so much. Now, I've got one for you! I installed smart print-had the other version previously when I wrote where I found it-now it's in the command bar under "tools".  I can't update it to the latest version of smart print however, because for some reason, that won't work at all. So, first I had smart web printing, then a nice HP person gave me the link to just install smart print minus the Bing Bar, however, smart print has an upgrade and if I try to do that, it disappears, even though in add-ons it's there, but says, unavailable. So, I'm just using the first version of smart print. Again, it's on the COMMAND BAR TOOLS part on IE9, but you just scroll down, click it, and there it is!

Hope this doesn't sound confusing. Again, thanks for the compliment over the antiquated "smart web printing" program and maybe this will help people find the "Smart Print" in the command bar.:smileyhappy:

Linda

HP Recommended

Hi there, is the issue that when you update SmartPrint (SP) to the latest version (2.4.0.238) it disappears from the Command Bar of your IE browser? Or is it that once updated, the application doesn't work properly/as expected?

If its the former try the following to restore the icon to your Command Bar:

1. Right click on the Command Bar
  2. Scroll down to Customize
  3. Then down to Add or Remove Commands
  4. Clicking here will open the Customize Toolbar window and you should see the SP icon listed on he left. Click and then Add and it should move across to the list of display icons on the right.
  5. Close the dialogue box and you should now see the SP icon on your Command Bar

Post back with how you get on.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't get an icon when I customize the command bar, I just get the icons representing the icons/text I used to have. Tried to install the upgrade again, but it didn't work. It is defintely related to IE9, Windows 7, patches and ad nauseum. So what I have now does work and hopefully, Microsoft can come up with a solution for this. I'm just waiting. I plan on posting a question on the microsoft support forum and see what happens. People have posted questions about smart print on the forum there as well. The latest version of Smart Print is currently not "playing well with others"-so to speak. Nor does the command bar allow you to bring the icon up for smart print, but at least, you can click on version 2.1 under "tools" and it works. Thanks so much.

LindaSView         :Crying:

HP Recommended
UPDATE: Smart Print now in command bar! I had to refresh IE9, then at last, was able to right click and see "customize toolbar" and there the little Icon sat, waiting to be sent to the "add" for the toolbar. VICTORY to a point. The upgrade still is not working, but I won't give up! LindaSView
HP Recommended

Hi LindaSView, is the issue that you are not able to select and customize what parts of a webpage to print? Have you tried using the tool in Text and Manual Mode?

Best.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry it took a bit to get back to you. When I try to upgrade to the lates version, it greys out. However, the 2.1 version is fine for me now that I finally was able to find it in the Command Bar. Yes, I know how to use it and to an extent, I like it better than having to use the "Snppit" tool from MS. I'll give the upgrade another try in a few days. Thanks so much.  It is weird though how it appears in a number of areas on the command bar like through "tools" and as I also wrote, the first version appeared under "View" in Explorer-The Smart Web Print" oldest version.

Linda

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.