Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 8 (147 Views)

printer won't print

Product Name: HP photosmart C4580
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i usally print my coupons once a week.  went to print today and nothing happened.  usually at the bottom i would get the message, printing and nothing.  i turned off the printer and tried a few hours later and nothing  when i go onto the hp site it says my printer is offline.  when i go to the taskbar i can't get it to go back online.  can anyone please help me?

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (110 Views)

Re: printer won't print

[ Edited ]

Hi @Marcialee,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!.  A Good day to you. Smiley Happy I read the post regarding the printer having printing issues reporting that it is offline. I will be delighted to assist you here.

A stupendous effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a windows or software update?
  • Did you try a hard reset on the printer?
  • Does it happen only with coupons or with all documents?

For starters, please try to print a normal document from word other than coupons and check if the printer prints fine. If it does not then Follow all the prescribed steps in the printer offline document: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-Photosmart-C4500-All-in-One-Printer-series/3575173/model/3575... and this should fix the issue for you.

If it happens only with printing coupons and prints other documents fine, then please get back to me with the information.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

Davidsmp
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Intern
Message 3 of 8 (103 Views)

sad to say it didn't work.  i tried everything you said.  the scan doctor didn't work.  it said my printer wasn't connected to my computer which it was.  i rebooted everything and still nothing.  i am ready to throw in the towel and never print again.  only kidding.  i didn't do any software program ugrade or anything.   i only print coupons, receipes and hotel reservations.  i am 66 and not computer savy.  i have no help in the family with computer stuff i am on my own.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8 (88 Views)

Hi @Marcialee,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Thanks for the quick response. I will send you a video to assign a manual Ip address to the printer. Please follow all the instructions correctly from this video and it should do the trick for you. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9g 

Also, please ensure to disable IP V6 options. by performing these steps.

• If your printer has a control panel with a display, find the IPv6 setting from the Advanced network settings menu, and set it to Off or Disabled.

• If your printer does not have a display, use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to turn off IPv6.

1. From a computer connected to your network, type the IP address for your printer into the URL field of your Internet browser.

NOTE:

If the webpage appears blank, try a different Internet browser.

2. Click the Network or Networking tab, and then open the section or page for your network type: wired or wireless.

3. Select Enable IPv4 only (or similar).

Figure: Example of setting IPv4

Embedded Web Server on Network page with Enable IPv4 only selected
    4. Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.

5. Try printing again.

You've been simply fabulous to work with.

It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

if this does not work, please contact HP phone support to get the issue corrected.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

I honestly hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. Smiley Happy Please keep me posted.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

Davidsmp
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Intern
Message 5 of 8 (68 Views)

thank you for all your help.  nothing is working.  think its time for a new printer.

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8 (58 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Marcialee,

I read the post comprehensively. Superb troubleshooting and persistence to try and fix the issue.Smiley Happy Hats off to you for a job well done. Smiley Happy Please try the windows built-in drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879  and check if it works. If it does not, then please contact Hp phone support to get the printer replaced.

Trust me I've done everything here to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. Smiley Happy You've  been absolutely superb to work with, by displaying great technical skills. Smiley Happy I thank you again for your time. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

if this does not work, please contact HP phone support to get the issue corrected.

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

I honestly hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. Smiley Happy Please keep me posted.

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

Davidsmp
I work on behalf of HP

Intern
Message 7 of 8 (52 Views)

Oh David, so much has happened.     tried to do what you suggested but couldn;t get it to work.  started playing around.  suddenly got a message that my printer was disconnected.  ok kept playing got it connected.  don't ask me how.  now i got an error message and not an offline message.  think i'm going in the right direction!!   haha.  really thinking about giving up the printer all together since i really don't print that much but i don't know.   i couldn't get into the ip screen thing.  too far over my head..  scan and print doctor doesn't work either.  it freezes up.

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8 (46 Views)

Hi @Marcialee,

I reviewed the super quick reply. Please check this video out from this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9gon how to assign a static IP address to the printer. This ideally should fix the issue for you. 

Try all the steps in this video. This should work and setup the printer for you. please keep me posted about it.

If this does not work, please contact Hp phone support to try and resolve the issue. Don't throw in the towel yet having gone this far.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

It has been amazing working with you given your awesome technical skills. Smiley Happy Thank you for sharing this platform and giving me the privilege to share it also. Smiley Happy

Trust me I've done everything I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Do take care stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

Davidsmp
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation