Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Folio 9470M
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

This has been an ongoing issue for quite some time with my HP Folio 9470M model. 

When using the laptop, after a brief period the cursor begins behaving erraticly, jumping, leaping, and randomly performing pinch/zoom functions in applications such as Chrome.  Oddly, if I close the laptop lid (putting the system in sleep mode), re-open it, and press the power button to re-engage the system, the mouse will behave normally again for a while.  Ultimately, however, it will revert to the same erratic behavior again eventually.

I have explored forums here and installed suggested driver updates, and even disabled the tap fuction for the mouse, but the issue still persists.  Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Casey

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.