Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP 8570w and recently i have bought an NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (N15P-Q3-A1).

I have installed that graphics card into my HP 8570w but the display doesn't work, it remains black.
I have reinstalled the original video card K1000M and all work correctly, so i don't know if the new graphic card K2100M is broken or if i have to do something to get it working (for example update or modify bios configuration).
I have the latest Bios (version 68IAV F.43 10/08/2013), what i have to do?
Kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The ebay vendor said to me that he will flash the video bios of the K2100M with an HP compatible vbios to resolve the incompatibility issue.

I will inform you if this solution will work..

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@linux86 wrote:

Hi, I have an HP 8570w and recently i have bought an NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (N15P-Q3-A1).

I have installed that graphics card into my HP 8570w but the display doesn't work, it remains black.
I have reinstalled the original video card K1000M and all work correctly, so i don't know if the new graphic card K2100M is broken or if i have to do something to get it working (for example update or modify bios configuration).
I have the latest Bios (version 68IAV F.43 10/08/2013), what i have to do?
Kind regards.

Hi,

The K2100M is not supported in the system. You can have a NVIDIA Quadro K2000M (NVIDIA N14P-Q3 2GB DDR3) 690637-001 or AMD FirePro M4000 (Chelsea XT GL 1GB GDDR5) 690639-001. I don't think the BIOS will accept anything else except those two.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, there are a lot of ebay power sellers that have tested the K2100M on 8570w without problems (this is what they say). So I don't know what to think about..

Does anyone have some experience about this?

HP Recommended

The ebay vendor said to me that he will flash the video bios of the K2100M with an HP compatible vbios to resolve the incompatibility issue.

I will inform you if this solution will work..

HP Recommended

After vbios flashing it works! :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended

@linux86 wrote:

After vbios flashing it works! :LaughingTears:

Well done!!

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you help post the 1.rom or the entire "8570w VBIOS nvflash.rar" file for us? I have the exact 8570w (non-DC display), and I'd like to use the K210M card. Thanks!

Andy

HP Recommended

I can't post it here, you can find it on http://forum.51nb.com/thread-1492210-1-5.html

HP Recommended

Thank you for the link. I was able to get the vbios. However, I cannot get the VGA to work with the external monitor. The VGA works fine with the existing K1000M, but once the K2100M gets in then nothing shows in LCD nor external display via VGA. I also did Fn F4, and that did not work with K2100M - but worked with K1000M. I also tried with just standard VGA driver, but did not work for K2100M (worked for K1000M as expected).

What did I do wrong? How can I get to the external monitor to flash the vbios of K2100M?

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you describe the process what did you do to make the VGA card working?

I'm facing similar problem with Elitebook 8560w where I would like to install Quadro K2000M instead of Quadro 2000M.

When I did it without any bios modif. the display stays off and unpowered after starting the laptop.

I think the Video BIOS resides on the EEPROM or other NVM of the video card and not on the BIOS chip of the mother board. Am I right? I find it impossible to flash it when you see nothing on the display.

Thnkas forward for any suggestions and experiences.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.