Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I have a problem with my Elitebook 8460p. My old servant service me since 3 years. We have an good relation with highes and lows. Changed hdd, upgraded rams, monthly cleaning and etc. 

Anyway; I have a problem with flickers and blinkings. When i push the start (On/Off) the computer, some strange black lines appear and never gone. The funny part is that the black lines, blinkings/flickers gone crazy when i touch the touchpad. But if i didnt touch the touchpad the black lines comes less. 

Things i did;

Checked electrical parts - No electrical leakage (Checked with ohmmeter)

I tried to run with on AC and on Battery - Nothing changed.

I was disabled ambient light sensor - Nothing changed.

I was disabled touchpad - Nothing changed.

Formatted, update the BIOS to latest version, w7 up to date, No unknown device, performed stress test CPU & GPU, performed reassemble & assemble Nothing changed.

My suspicion;

The CPU 😞   Because this computer VGA card integrated with CPU. Changing CPU, maybe fixing all problems.

I want upgrade my computer to i7 and my choice Intel Core i7 - 2670QM.

My reservation / questions;

Is Intel Core i7 - 2670QM CPU compatible with my QM67 Chipset? If compatible; what i need to do? (BIOS update, or different BIOS version etc.)

I have some information about this situation and my notebook.

Device manager.JPG

cpuz2.JPG

Device manager.JPG

The Video

Hp Elitebook 8460p series using Hannstar MV6 and my motherboard is same. Non VGA. I'm worry about the my solution. If i'm wrong; i spend my money for nothing. 

I'm waiting ur answers.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Really? No answer. Thanx HP.
I found the answer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Really? No answer. Thanx HP.
I found the answer.
HP Recommended

And you don't want to help anyone else?

HP Recommended

what is the answer having the same issue.

HP Recommended
I have soulation
Install Intel (R) HD GRAPHIC 3000
ND THEN AFTER INSTALL
ON RESTART PC
LEFT CLICK SCREEN RESOLUTION
WIZARD CLICK ADVACE SETTING VGA PROPRTIES
SELECT MONITAR OPTION
SCREEN REFRESH RATE 40 Htz Apply ok
nd enjoy
HP Recommended

I am so grateful for this thread and your last post Lalit55. I had the same problem when scrolling using left click and touchpad - the screen would go beserk for increasingly long periods. 

I didn't install anything new. I just set the refresh rate to 40 Htz as you stated and it has solved the problem for me. Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.