Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask that  I have a HP4445s with the A6 4400m processor and don't find it enough to play games.

The processor is a little bit slow and the graphics are kind of horrible for a gamer.

I feel like upgrading to a new processor.

The one that  I found nice is the

AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor

I just wanted to ask whether I could upgrade to this.

I also wanted to find out that it says that there are no integrated graphics, so does that mean I will have to purchase a new graphic card?

Thanks,

Please reply!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is a desktop processor and will not fit in any laptop. Right now some of the HP Support pages are down but I believe you can install an A10 AMD CPU which would improve the graphics just a little. There is no graphics "card" as you might be thinking of. It is a flat motherboard inside the laptop case with all the chips including video soldered on that board. The video comes from within the processor working with helping chips on the motherboard. An A10 processor provides slightly better graphics but nothing that will increase the gaming potential very much. That is a business laptop for doing Powerpoints and Spreadsheets and maybe watching a youtube video or playing a DVD. It is not a gamer. HP now makes the Omen laptop at about $1500 which would handle most high end games. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That is a desktop processor and will not fit in any laptop. Right now some of the HP Support pages are down but I believe you can install an A10 AMD CPU which would improve the graphics just a little. There is no graphics "card" as you might be thinking of. It is a flat motherboard inside the laptop case with all the chips including video soldered on that board. The video comes from within the processor working with helping chips on the motherboard. An A10 processor provides slightly better graphics but nothing that will increase the gaming potential very much. That is a business laptop for doing Powerpoints and Spreadsheets and maybe watching a youtube video or playing a DVD. It is not a gamer. HP now makes the Omen laptop at about $1500 which would handle most high end games. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help but I'm getting a gaming PC for christmas.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.