Question

Tutor
treat2day
Message 1 of 1 (127 Views)

SSD for HP ENVY 14t 1100 CTO

My laptop doesn't get used much because it isn't capable of desktop performance for graphics and multiple monitors and task.

The laptop performance tends to drop more with streaming video and it isn't bandwidth because I tested  my desktop streams 3 monitors without problem (Pandora 21 inch, Youtube  24 inch and Hulu) Sony HDTV 40 inch.)

I am hoping to change that with a new SSD drive now that my desktop is "near" it's end of life. I could then use the destop for a secondary storage workhorse (HP Elite e9240f) with already install 2 HDD and 4 attached external HDD.

I have read many post around the web and the price for

HP is $511    SPS-SSD SATA 256G 2.5  part number 608368-001 

Samsung $483    512GB 2.5-inch SSD 840 Pro Series  model number is MZ-7PD512BW

I have found this Samsung HDD in my existing setup and everything I have read directs me to by thier SSD.

1. Is this  Samsung compatible?

2. Why such a difference in price for less at HP?

3. What is the "new" high performance desktop in the same catergory as my current desktop HP Elite e9240f so I can decide if it is worth buying a new PC instead? My current PC has upgrade graphic car, fan, memory and hard drive so I need to figure out if I want to loose this investment too. (not really a lost because it works fantastic for everyday usage and I could give to a family member)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and I hope this is enough information for the direction I want improve.

HP ENVY 14t 1100 CTO

Operating System       Microsoft Windows 8 Pro

Central Processor  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz

Total Memory  7.94 GB

SMBIOS Version  F.26

Disk Drives 596.17 GB   SAMSUNG HM640JJ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation