Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Pickins is slim at that price but try this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150712

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

That page you linked is exactly where I would have linked you to answer your question. You can upgrade the A4 processor to an A8, memory to 8 gigs, you could upgrade to a solid state drive, and/or a Blu-Ray disk drive. You could upgrade the video by adding in a pci-e video card. Sky's the limit subject only to your budget. OK, within reason. The case is a bit cramped for the really high end graphics cards but otherwise post back with some idea of what you have in mind and we can walk you through it. 

HP Recommended

my budget is only 100 and i wanted to upgrade the proccsor and the graphics card but the graphics is with the the apu 

HP Recommended

An A8-series Quad Core processor compatible with that motherboard is going to cost all of the $100. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-A8-3870K-3-GHz-Quad-Core-AD3870WNGXBOX-Processor-/141354866161?pt=CPUs&h...

HP Recommended
  1. what kind of proccsor a8 and graphics card can i get together for 100 
HP Recommended

Check my revision to the post above. I looked at A6 and A8 Quad Cores and they run $75-100. The one I linked is the best you can install and it is all of your $100. That is just not enough of a budget. You can do processor or video card, but not both. Even if you would buy a $75 processor $25 is not enough for a video card. You need more like $175-200 to make a difference. 

HP Recommended

what would you reccomend and graphics card or a proccersor

HP Recommended

and what card do you reccomend

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
What about a 50 dollar graphics card ? Last question
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.