Question

Honor Student
enisjd03
Message 1 of 7 (2,153 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Deskjet F4580 printer Ink unable to register, unable to find solution in troubleshooting

1. Hp Deskjet F4580

2. Windows 7 64-bit

3. "E" on scanning screen, (new) black ink won't register and orange service light is blinking

4. No known changes

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 7 (2,147 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F4580 printer Ink unable to register, unable to find solution in troubleshooting

Hey enisjd03,

According to this article regarding error lights and message on the product:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01781031&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

This is caused by the paper tray being closed.

I would suggest expanding the section that your error matches and follow the steps available.

Hope this helps!
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
enisjd03
Message 3 of 7 (2,143 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F4580 printer Ink unable to register, unable to find solution in troubleshooting

Nothing work, I've tried it all, what about the new black ink I replaced? is it not showing due to the paper tray being closed? I've followed all of the steps and nothing has changed.
Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 7 (2,131 Views)

You may want to try these steps:

Click the Windows icon ( ).
Click All Programs .
Click HP .
Click HP Solution Center .

HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
Click Settings ( ).
In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens.
On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Print Cartridge(s) ( ).
Click Clean to begin the process.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
enisjd03
Message 5 of 7 (2,127 Views)

It was a error in the new HP ink i brought. I tested this by pulling the old ink cartridge and my printer went back to normal I had to beg Walmart to replace the ink which they were not going to do because the ink was open. The new ink worked normally and it registered and everything. Still a little disappointed at the HP's quality of the ink and the fact that I almost had to pay another $15 for another pack of ink and it was the product not working properly. Thank you you were the one who had the solution to my problem.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 6 of 7 (2,116 Views)

Glad I can help in any way if at all, enisjd03.

If there are any additional problems please post back ASAP! :smileyhappy:

Tutor
crabpaws
Message 7 of 7 (1,999 Views)

This happened to me, too. It's the third or fourth bad HP print cartridge I've gotten.

I'm sick and tired of this. The HP cartridges cost enough. HP printers get junkier and junkier. The next time I buy a printer, it's going to be a different brand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation