HP Photosmart printer won't print black (36096 Views)
Honor Student
loosemolar
Message 1 of 204 (36,096 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart printer won't print black

Printer does not print black.  New cartridge, vent open, rebooted, powered off/on. etc.  Will not copy/print or computer/print.  Ran utilites.  Will only print colors--not black.  Need advice.

Student
dstixa
Message 2 of 204 (36,080 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart printer won't print black

Same here with the D110.  It was opened on Christmas, and has probably printed a total of about 10 - 20 pages since then.  The black ink level report reads about 90%, it prints in color just fine.  I've cleaned the print heads, removed the black ink, shook it and then returned it to its place, and still, only color and some grey gradient stuff printed; however, not the regular text.

What needs to be done here?

Honor Student
Dekker
Message 3 of 204 (36,073 Views)

Similar problem with my B110a - won't print out magenta despite doing everything suggested on the net.

My advice?

Judging by the huge amount of people experiencing similar problems with various printer models........

.........throw it away and buy an Epson

Student
Bobinboro
Message 4 of 204 (36,054 Views)

My HP Photosmart D110 (new) prints fine but the black text when printing a document is too light.  How do I adjust the printer to darken the text.  On other printers I have it is an easy task but on the Photosmart it is either impossible to adjust density or the instructions are well hidden.  Can some one help me with this issue?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 204 (35,905 Views)

loosemolar wrote:

Printer does not print black.  New cartridge, vent open, rebooted, powered off/on. etc.  Will not copy/print or computer/print.  Ran utilites.  Will only print colors--not black.  Need advice.

Hi, what photosmart model do you have?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
broerkenmle
Message 6 of 204 (35,231 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 printer won't print black

Tried everything I know and still won't print in black. Help.

Top Student
mathtech
Message 7 of 204 (35,095 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 printer won't print black

Looks like this forum is a BIG HELP, eh?  My 5510 just started doing the same thing.  Not like I have anything important to print out or anything :{

Tutor
as499
Message 8 of 204 (35,089 Views)

My HP Deskjet F4180 All in One won't print using black ink either.  I've already tried new ink cartridges, and they don't work.  I've done everything possible.  Please help, anyone! 

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 9 of 204 (35,065 Views)

as499 wrote:

My HP Deskjet F4180 All in One won't print using black ink either.  I've already tried new ink cartridges, and they don't work.  I've done everything possible.  Please help, anyone! 

Hi as499

So, just to confirm, you've tried cleaning the cartridge? And it's an original and not empty? Do you get any black at all on a Diagnostic Page?

Thanks

Ciara

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00638526&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3177566

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Tutor
as499
Message 10 of 204 (35,064 Views)

Yes, I've cleaned it, and I've put two brand new cartridges in it...both don't work.  Some black font will show up as a grey color, other times nothing prints at all.  I've tried unplugging the printer from the back and not plugging in until 30 seconds later...doesn't work.  I've tried absolutely everything that I could find to fix it.  I'd rather not buy a new printer if I don't have to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation