Question

Honor Student
mokyo24
Message 1 of 2 (114 Views)

Ink cartridge error despite being able to print from MS Word.

Last month, I broke the prongs on the rear clean-out door of my PSC 1410 All-in-One. It's been with me for quite some time and the plastic rear door has gone brittle but aside from that it never had any problem before. I simply placed a weight against the rear door and propped it against the wall so that it won't open when I print. Aside from a few times when the paper would jam , misaligned printing or get "eaten" (printed paper gets pulled back in after coming out), I never received

any error messages and it's OK.

Last night though the Check Print Cartridge light start blinking (it's still keeps on blinking whenever the printer is turned on) and it also shows the "E" for error on the status lights. I tried troubleshooting the ink cartridges but that doesn't solve it. From the Printer Toolbox I tried aligning the print cartridges but the Alignment Page won't print. I tried Print Test Page and I got the sample print (the one with the pears). I also tried printing from MS Word. I got the printer thingie icon in the far left of my desktop taskbar (I'm using XP) but when I pressed the Cancel button on the printer, it proceeded with the printing anyway. I don't really understand what the problem is.

Sorry for the long post and I hope you guys understand my English.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)

Ink cartridge error despite being able to print from MS Word.

mokyo24, honestly, in spite of the printer working since breaking the back panel, you are most likely receiving an error now from something relating back to it. I would carefully check the printer (from the front, back and top) for any kind of debris or partial paper scraps, and perform a hard reset of the printer (unplug the printer for thirty seconds).

I would do a general check of the printer as well - check your ink levels, and make sure that the carriage can move.

I would download this tool:http://goo.gl/lpnU9

It should be useful to do a simple hardware diagnosis.

Let me know how this goes!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation