09-28-2011 02:33 AM
Hi THere. I have a HP Officejet 7000 wide Printing format and it is not printing Black. The ink levels are showing full. I have cleaned, 2nd tier clean & Aligned the printer with no affect.
I had removed the old cartridge when this happened and it was actually half full, so I also bought a new cartridge and it still prints the same.
Any ideas out there?
09-28-2011 10:01 AM
So you've cleaned the printhead?
03-30-2012 11:45 AM
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have just experienced the same thing. I've tried cleaning the nozzles, replacing the cartridge, checking for a blocked vent and I'm still not getting black.
02-15-2014 09:28 PM
My printer will not print black text, but will print black lines. Have cleaned printheads to 2nd levels & changed the cartridge. It prints color fine. Any ideas what to do?
02-26-2014 09:19 AM
If the printer is out of warranty one thing that might be worth a shot is soaking the printhead...
1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.
Can you please let me know how you get on?