Photosmart 6525 won't print black after changing ink cartridge for the first time (1806 Views)
Student
zaliwskir
Message 1 of 3 (1,806 Views)

Photosmart 6525 won't print black after changing ink cartridge for the first time

I just changed the black ink cartridge for the first time in my Photosmart 6525 after the ink ran out.  Now it will not print black at all.  The black block show up missing on the test page. 

I've run test pages and now the other cartridges are getting low!  THIS STINKS

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 3 (1,784 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6525 won't print black after changing ink cartridge for the first time

Hey,

I see you are having a print quality issue with your Photosmart 6525 series e-All-in-One.  If you just changed the cartridge, then it is possible that the cartridge contacts are not clean.  Try wiping the contacts clean on the cartridge and in the printhead of the 6525.  

As well, take a look at the document linked below.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

If the troubleshooting doesn't fix the problem, then I would advise you contact HP Tech Support about your printer.  If this is the first change, then I'm guessing the printer is less than a year old.  Please click the link below to obtain the contact number for HP Tech Support in your location.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (1,183 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6525 won't print black after changing ink cartridge for the first time

Hi

Just wondering if Jason's suggestion solved your issue?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation