Question

Student
zaliwskir
Message 1 of 11 (3,582 Views)

Photosmart 6525 won't print black after changing ink cartridge for the first time

I just changed the black ink cartridge for the first time in my Photosmart 6525 after the ink ran out.  Now it will not print black at all.  The black block show up missing on the test page. 

I've run test pages and now the other cartridges are getting low!  THIS STINKS

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 11 (3,560 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6525 won't print black after changing ink cartridge for the first time

Hey,

I see you are having a print quality issue with your Photosmart 6525 series e-All-in-One.  If you just changed the cartridge, then it is possible that the cartridge contacts are not clean.  Try wiping the contacts clean on the cartridge and in the printhead of the 6525.  

As well, take a look at the document linked below.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

If the troubleshooting doesn't fix the problem, then I would advise you contact HP Tech Support about your printer.  If this is the first change, then I'm guessing the printer is less than a year old.  Please click the link below to obtain the contact number for HP Tech Support in your location.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 11 (2,959 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6525 won't print black after changing ink cartridge for the first time

Hi

Just wondering if Jason's suggestion solved your issue?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Jackie3250
Message 4 of 11 (1,499 Views)

After reading these helpful comments and reading the troubleshooting guide, I stored my HP6525 without a black cartridge for a few months (apparently not a good idea).  Now it won't print black.  I have cleaned the printheads, installed a new ink cartridge but still nothing.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  The printer is out of warranty.  Thank you!

Top Student
JackieF
Message 5 of 11 (1,493 Views)

Hi! Jason's suggestion did not help.  We've had this printer for a couple of years and have changed the cartridges several times.  Are you able to view the photo I attached to my original post?  It clearly shows that the cartridges have different sensor spots on them.  It looks like a defect. 

Thank you!

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 6 of 11 (1,441 Views)

Hi Folks, 

If you have completed all the troubleshooting steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages and you are still unable to print in black, please contact HP.

I would like you to contact our HP technical support, I understand the printer is out of warranty but I am confident they will be able to assist you. You can contact them at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thank you for your continued efforts!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Bridal
Message 7 of 11 (1,304 Views)

I replaced my black ink cartridge in my 6525 HP printer but I can't get it to print. What do I need to do?

Honor Student
Jackie3250
Message 8 of 11 (1,291 Views)

Follow the troubleshooting guides above. I tried all of those to no avail. I called support and because they were genuine HP cartridges, they walked me thru to a solution, and didn't charge me.
HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 9 of 11 (1,250 Views)

Hi there,

@Bridal- Seeing as you are still running into issues please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. Regardless of your warranty status, I am confident they will be able to assist you. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

@Jackie3250- That is great news! I am glad you are back up and printing :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Student
kcfosterz
Message 10 of 11 (407 Views)

Well, did all the trouble shooting and called HP.  Of course the printer is done!  My printer is out of warranty!  I have to replace!  OF COURSE!  I am purchasing a reconditioned Office jet 6700 Premium  All in One!  I hope and pray that I made the right the decision!  VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation