Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 200 color M251
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Hi

When printing our printer has started to leave a faded band of toner down the left side of the page. I have tried wiping down all the rollers etc I could see and it helped initially but then the band started to appear again after a couple of prints.

Can anyone provide any assistance as to the cause of this. The printer is around 6 months old.

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @PhilNolan,

I will certainly do my best to help you with the quality issues you are having with the printer having faded toner down the left side of the page.

I have provided some steps to try to see if it will resolve the faded toner.

Run a calibration on the printer.
On the printer touch the Wrench, System Setup, Print Quality, Color Calibration, Calibrate Now.

Print a Diagnostics Page to see if you have the same results. Trying to determine if it is a hardware or software issue.

Go to Setup, Reports, arrow down and select Diagnostics Report.

Laserjet Diags Pic.png

I have provided a document with more steps for running a cleaning and checking print driver settings.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues.

Remove the toner and check to see if there is any toner on drum.

Make sure the paper type is selected to the media that you are using, not the default setting unspecified.

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

What were the results of Diagnostics Page and Print Quality Page?

Are you using Genuine HP Toner?

What are the Ink levels?

Was there any damage on the toners?

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the Thumbs up button below.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I do not have the option on system set up for printer quality....just printer density which is not helpful at all.  Fade is at the same place along the left side of printed page....faded band is about 1/2" thick from top to bottom of printed page.

Thanks for your assitance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.