Question

Student
agniss
Message 1 of 2 (177 Views)

Small size (A6) paper printing and toner leak(pouring out) issue

We have recently purchased 15 pieces of Hp LaserJet P1102w.

We are printing reciepts of size A6 (1/4 of A4). The use of printers are quite heavy - 200 A6 pages per day.(And no other formats)

After a month of usage we are expiriencing a huge problem. (Now it has been 5 printers in period of 3 weeks):

In Some random printers the toner is pouring out. First inside of the printer and then on the table (there is a convinient opening at the bottom). This happens on one side of the cartridge. And the affected drum is heavily dirty on that side.

We checked all kind of possible causes:

The retailer pointed us to this link, that states: "

• HP does not recommend printing large quantities of small or narrow paper. Printing large quantities of small or narrow paper can cause toner to leak from the print cartridge and damage the printer or cause print-quality problems."

but this is for HP LaserJet 4200, 4300 Series Printers

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vGQOfpKgjmUJ:h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hps...

My question is: is it true that heavy printing of small paper size can cause this problem? And how probable is it?

What else could have caused this?

Thank You

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)

Re: Small size (A6) paper printing and toner leak(pouring out) issue

Hi agniss,

I just sent you a private message.

If you are not sure how to check your post forum messages, this has instructions.

Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation