Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi Pendy

I'm Steve at HP in Melbourne Australia,

Your issue sounds like the scanner glass for the document feeder has marks on it.

Lift up the feeder and fond the narrow glass panel on he left - this panel probably has marks on it that match the lines on the copies and scans.  Clean this and the white panel thats rests above it.  

Hope I can help

Steve

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

It worked!!  Thank you for the quick response, and thanks for saving the servcie fee to have someone check it out!

HP Recommended

I am having a similiar issue as the inital issue on this thread. Attached is a page that shows the black streak. printer pg.jpg

HP Recommended

I HAVE A HP 1020PLUS PRINTER. PRINTER PRINT 1ST PAGE CLEAR. SECOND PAGE HAVE A VERTICAL LINE LEFT SIDE OF THE PAGE. THE THIRD PAGE COMMING GOOD QUALITY PRINT. THE VERTICAL LINE COMING AGAIN IN 4TH PAGE. HELP ME TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND CONTINUE WITH THE HP 1020 PRINTER. HELP ME. THANK YOU

HP Recommended

Hello@SSPATHY

Welcome to the HP Forums.I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.As I understand you're getting the verticle lines while copying through the ADF.

I'll be more than glad to help you out.

Please follow this video document to resolve the issues: Click here (Note: Cleaning the glass strip on the left side of the scanner glass will fix the issue)

Let me know if this resolves, Cheers 🙂

Have a nice day and happy holidays ahead.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw printer. When I print I have gaps showing as a vertical line down page.

Changed cartridge to see if it helped but not helping. Changed drum cartridge about a year ago.

Can anyone assist?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.