04-10-2014 05:21 PM
I have a HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a and the black quit printing. Done all of the print head cleaning. Did not correct, replaced print head cleaned the contacts with supplied wipe, installed replacement print head, installed new ink carts. on closing the printer went through its process and the print head alingment failed. I ran the clean head routine again, ran the print head alignment and it failed. The black head still does not print. Is it time to replace the printer with a new one. New printers are priced as such that a person can't spend much to fix an old one. Can anyone give me an idea on correcting the no black ink printing or very faint print....
04-11-2014 07:56 AM
If the printer is out of warranty it might be worth soaking the printhead as described below...
1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.
Can I ask do you switch the printer off when not in use (at the Power button so that the Printhead gets capped properly)
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
04-11-2014 08:45 AM
I have always used the power switch to turn the printer off. I obtained an print head from HP & new ink cartrages, installed them following HP's instructions. The printer failed the alignment test, still does not print black. I'm begining to think its time for a new printer. With prices of new printers being so low a person can't justify spending very much on repairing a old printer.