Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.  My uncle has a D110 photosmart.  His router died.  So, I bought him a netgear and got him up and running.  The D110 will connect to the wireless network.  But, it is still trying to use its old IP address (192.168.254.222).  Unfortunately, the new netgear uses the 192.168.1 range.  All of the documents I have found online about setting a static IP on the D110 involve going to the web interface.  I cannot get to the web interface because of the IP range difference.  And you cannot change the IP on the printer's front panel.

I would love to just be able to wipe the printer's memory and go back to the factory defaults and start over.  Yet the reset information is NOT in the user manual pdf file.

Anyone got any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

On the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Restore Network Defualts.  Then run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the same Network menu.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue mentioned here (Cannot change IP address on D110 all in one). I have D110a PhotoSmart printer. I do not see Setup > Network > Restore Network Defaults in front panel. There is Setup->Tool->Restore Factory Default in my printer. After doing this and running the wireless wizard, the static IP does not change.

Let me know how do I reset this static IP from my printer.

HP Recommended

Oh, if you want to change the Static IP or set it back to Dynamic IP: 

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you can set a Manual IP or switch back to Dynamic IP

If you decide to set a static, or a different static, here is how to change the other fields:

- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.

- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I was able to print out the Printer Status Report and the IP address listed on both the printer window (when you press the Wireless button) and itme #15 on the report show an IP of 192.186.1.100. My router DHCP range is 192.168.1.100 through 200.

When I ping or type the printer IP into a browser it fails, but the printer shows a strong signal...WHAT am I doing wrong????

please help...

lamarpearce@gmail.com

HP Recommended

Download and run this: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hello, I am having the exact same problem as described above...

* My Cisco router died and I bought a D-Link to replace it.

* The old router used IP range 192.168.1.xxx and I had configured the printer to 192.168.1.200.

* The new D-Link router uses 192.168.0.xxx and cannot talk to the printer, as it is set to 192.168.1.200.

I tried resetting factory defaults from the printer, but that doesn't affect the static iP. I can't access the 192.168.1.200 address through this router, it times out. I also cannot download the utility at the link above as I have a Mac.

**How can I reset the static IP on the printer to a range that will work with this router?**

Thank you!

HP Recommended

On  the front of the printer go to Settings > Wireless and Restore WIreless Defaults.

Next, in that same menu, run the WIreless Setup WIzard.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have read through this entire thread and none of it works. There has got  to be a way to clear a static IP from this device without having to interface with it  wirelessly.

Please try again.

HP Recommended

HP should be ashamed of this printer. I've had so many troubles with it... Windows doesn't come with any proper driver, so It has to be installed to every and each new employee. Also, I've readdressed the whole network and now found out that I have to get a router with the old network address so that I can access the printer config page from my computer so that I can finally change it's static IP....   

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.