06-14-2014 05:35 PM
I have a Officejet 6500 E709a, and it is printing blue & yellow colors erratically.
By that I mean sometimes it won't print blue, & other times it won't print yellow.
When I run fist-level head-clean, blue doesn't register on the print-out; when I run second-level head-clean, blue registers, but yellow doesn't.
The problem is not in the cartridges; they're full & I've never had problems with them.
06-17-2014 09:20 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand that your Officejet 6500 E709a, is printing blue & yellow colors erratically. I am happy to help you! I have a few questions for you:
- What Operating System are you using? Windows or Mac? What version?
- How is the printer connected? Wireless, Ethernet, or USB?
- Can you make copies with the printer? Or print a Printer Status Report? Printing a Printer Status Report.
- Is the power cable plugged into a surge protector or directly to the wall outlet? Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.
- Are you using Genuine HP cartridges or refills?
- How long have you had these cartridges?
Hope to hear back from you, and thank you for posting!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!