Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Deskjet D1341 attached to a workstation running on Windows 8.1

When I print, including test page print, I get a status "Printing" (briefly), then "Error-Printing" (for a minute or so), then "Error-Printing-Restarting".  Then nothing happens.   Printer is plugged in, connected w/USB, and power is on.

Used Install Wizard and Print and Scan Doctor
Appeared to be working OK immediately following Print and Scan Doctor, but problem situation returned.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Fr. Bob
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Bob, I hope you are wellSmiley Happy

I saw your post about the printing error you are seeing, including when you attempt to print a test page. I would suggest checking the ink cartridges and cleaning the contacts to see if that will help. Also, try a power reset.

Here is the info to help you:

Step three and four from this link:

'Incorrect Print Cartridge' Message Displays in Windows After Installing a Print Cartridge'

Press the Power button to turn on the product.
With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

Have a great daySmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Bob, I hope you are wellSmiley Happy

I saw your post about the printing error you are seeing, including when you attempt to print a test page. I would suggest checking the ink cartridges and cleaning the contacts to see if that will help. Also, try a power reset.

Here is the info to help you:

Step three and four from this link:

'Incorrect Print Cartridge' Message Displays in Windows After Installing a Print Cartridge'

Press the Power button to turn on the product.
With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

Have a great daySmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you, Rainbow7000.

Since I refill my own cartridges, I had already swapped out the print cartridge and two olde ones I keep to clear the status regarding the quantity of ink, and I cleaned off the connection to the cartridge.  I believe I had also powered down the printer for a reset, although I was working on this at about 1 AM and at this point I can't be sure.

I had available to test a Deskjet D2460, into which I put the same black cartridge, and it worked just fine.  So I went with the path of least resistance. 

Although I can't gurantee that what you suggested would have solved the problem, the fact that you corroborated what I had already been doing indicated that I was on the right track.  Maybe there are some lingering compatibility issues between that printer and Window 8.1, or maybe it just coincidentally bit the dust.  Either way, I thank you and I will note that your suggestion was a solution.

Thanks, again, for your time,

Fr. Bob Anello

HP Recommended

Thank you very much as this just solved my problem with the same 'error-printing' message (posted today on the forum until I found this). No idea why this worked but I am very grateful - only wish I had seen this about 3 hrs ago before various 'fix-it' and 'HP doctor' searches and downloads! 

Anyway, much appreciated!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.