03-23-2014 02:01 PM
I have an HP 3521 that I've tried two brand new 564XL black ink cartridges in and neither will print black text. If I print a photo the black ink works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, updated to the latest firmware, unplugged from the wall and reset the factory settings. I've also done multiple print head cleanings and alignments. Black ink level shows it's good. Is there anything else that can be done, or is this garbage? Thanks.
03-24-2014 03:44 AM
Is the printer within warranty? You can check by entering the serial no. below...
05-14-2014 08:46 AM
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Even though it's out of warranty I'd advise calling phone support as you may require a replacement. Can you please let me know how you get on?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)