Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Great answer...soaked the printhead and viola....it now copies again.  Black ink jet was caked with dried ink.  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problems recently, with a recently bought ink cartridge, and I was printing my school work, when BAM, light blue, it then thought it ran out of blue because it then resorted to printing in light pink. Now after soaking the cartridge for the 6th time in the span on a few days, I STILL have the same problem, where the ink is now back to blue. I have resetted my hp 6500a printer, and it's still a no go. Any other suggestions? I have run the cleaning so many times that my coloured ink is now low, and bought another cartridge and its still the same.. Help!?

HP Recommended

Yea!!! This worked for me too! The black was definitely the most clogged as I changed the water a few times too - I use it the most, and I believe my printer is 3-4 years old.  I'm SO glad I can use the new ink cartridges I had just installed - saved money all the way around - THANKS!!!

HP Recommended

My panel would not work because I kept getting a message that the printhead was damaged or I had an incompatible printhead.  So, I had no other choice but to take the printhead out, which I did.  There was a big black glob of ink at the underside.  I carefully touched it with a tissue and it fell off.  I put all the cartridges back and my panel came back on.  Then I cleaned the printhead 3X.  3X it printed out test sheets.  I am going to try to run off something from my docs.  I did call HP and they told me I needed a new printer, so I bought one because they offered me a lousy deal on a reconditioned one.  Walmart was selling a new one for $20 more than the deal they offered me.  Well, if all goes well, I will take the printer back or give this one to my daughter.  Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended
Thank u very much Bob.
BTW, I have Win 7 if I didn't tell u & / or if it matters.
HP Recommended
OH ya, if I didn't tell u, it's only the photo black that's not working. Thanks
HP Recommended

My problems started a month ago and I tried everything suggested including soaking the printhead with no success.  We then ent out of town for 5 days and when we came back the black ink worked.  And, it worked until this week (although we were gone for another 8 days - 2 trips) and now it does not work any longer.   Soaking the print head once a month seems a bit much.  But, I guess we have to try again. 

HP Recommended

It seems that I'm one of many with this problem.  Here's what I have:

HP C309a, Windows XP SP3. USB connection.

This printer prints gorgeous photographs, but won't print plain black text.  I followed the suggestions near the start of this discussion and soaked the print head for 5-6 minutes.  Lots of ink, mostly black poured out of it.  I allowed it to dry and reinserted it in the printer.  After three cleanings the printer prints just what it did before, meaning everything except standard black, but now it can no longer align itself.

I'm out of work, so buying a new printer at this time is not an option.  I appreciate any help in getting this thing working again.

HP Recommended

I went through the same with a C310a.  Photo black would not print.  I washed the print head many times.  Opened vents on cartidges.  Cleaned and used lots of ink.  I ended up buying a new print head on Amazon for $55+/- .  A lot better than an new printer.  System works fine now!

HP Recommended
Wish I could help ya, but for some reason, when u post a question under a new topic, I getta email saying "You have 1 update for your HP Support Forum Subscriptions. " I DO have a question, but it's to do with all 4 X 6 color photos I print coming out all smudgy even tho a 4 X 6 windows 4 X 6 test print came out perfect. The black ink is ok, but when I print photos, the photo black doesn't work even tho I replaced the cartridge with a new HP one. I even cleaned the print head melting all the dry ink. But anyway, I'm not sure what do do now other than to tell ya I have a HP Photosmart C410A printer & I'm using Win 7.

Thank you
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.