Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus

Dear All,

I have a problem with my HP 8600 Printjet.

After clening the Ink cartridge, the print now show me a message

" Print problem or cartridge system.Switch OFF and switch ON print.

If problem still, contact HP service."

This is happen with another print 8600 buy 2 year's ago'

This is the second print 8600 I buy from HP and have same problem.

Please, anybody can help me about this?

In event log i see many event:

Who are this event?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Henry72Italy

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer and post cleaning the ink cartridges, the printer displays an error stating that "Print problem or cartridge system.Switch OFF and switch ON print. If the problem still, contact HP service." Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you here.

The event logs could be related to an HP instant ink account. But I don't think it is related to this issue anyway. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• What was the main reason for cleaning the ink cartridges? Was it because of this error or a print quality issue?
  • Are these original HP cartridges or refilled ones?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link. (You may skip step 1 and step 2.)

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Dear Mr,

thank you very much for your quickly answer.

I have clear the cartridge because the printing became very very bad

All the black color cover the yellow color and the page print became bad.

I use only and ever original ink HP cartridge 950 XL and 951XL buy in official HP shop center.

I have already try the procedures tell me in your mail, and also i try the procedures foud in your link (there are the same procedures description in Italian HP website.)

I just tell you this.

I buy this tipe of Printer 2 years ago'.

The first print, when i connect for first time, after few page show me the same message, then i call the service and they send me another print (same tipe) without any charge.

The second one arrive after few weeks and this work propertly, but many time after any weeks start to print bad, then i will do cleaning automatic procedures, then start to print better.

But, any time i do automatic cleaning procedures, i use a lot of cartridge ink and i spend a lot of money for buy that's cartridge.

My 8600 inkjet print have only 1874 print done, very less I think for strong use of that.

I'm very very unhappy about that, because i have Laptop from HP, other print from HP, but i spend a lot of money for work with this printer without any satisfactory result.

I hope you can understand and help me , because this is a professional printer not not low price.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@Henry72Italy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.