11-07-2011 08:02 AM
So here's the issu, I have a full paper tray on my Deskjet 5440 printer, and it just wont load. It does make a spinning sound at the beginning of powering the printer on, but it won't even load paper if i press the reload button next to the cancel button I opened up the frond acces, but i cant see a thing in there. I haven't tried removing the back yet, because it won't come out. Any ideas?
Im using windows 7 ultimate.
11-25-2012 09:26 AM
11-26-2012 03:32 PM
If the steps in that document did not resolve the issue, it may be a hardware part failure. check the steps in the document again just to make sure something wasn't missed.
If nothing was missed, then Solution Six may be applicable.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
02-20-2015 02:54 PM
Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I am experiencing the same issue. I have taken the plastic panel off the back of the printer and watched what's happening. The printer makes the classic "feed" noise, but the feed rollers never descend to propel the paper into the printer. Looks like a gear has stripped or a circuit board has fried itself.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)