Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Worked a treat. Thanks very much.
HP Recommended

I have tried all of the steps to get the replacement print head to align correctly, but I continue to get the message that the print head alignment was unsuccessfull.

Any other ideas to get this dang thing to align???

HP Recommended

Installed: genuine HP cartridges

Year in Use: 2 years

Sympton: magenta comes out off-colored with streaks

Reset per HP instructions failed. "clean" cycles and "re-align" cycles failed to the point where I had to insert another full set of new cartridges because the cycles depleted all the ink. Called HP - out of warranty so paid $55 I think to get support - absolutely a waste of $. Suggested that I get a new printer or a new print head.

Finally took printing head out, soak in warm water mixed with a few squirts of windex for one minute. Wipe clean with lint-free coffee filter. Reinsert, ran one cleaning cycle and re-align - viola! The print head was clogged to the point where the cleaning cycle will not solve the problem. Physically cleaning the head worked. But of course, HP support has no clue whatsoever. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.