Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium C309g
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi,

I just turned on my printer and a blue error screen with the code C2FE0169 showed up. After that, white screen and blinking buttos all over.

Any help?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @FeJaOr,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see your HP Photosmart Premium C309g is in an error state, you are unable to access the front panel menu and you are seeing these error codes 'C2FE0169 and C2FE0168'.

Go ahead and perform a Hard Reset:

1. Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.

3. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

4. After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

Now let's make sure the printer is up to date. Follow the steps listed in Step 2 only: Getting Printer Updates

Once the printer is up to date, if you are still seeing the error, I would suggest you start troubleshooting here: A 'Carriage jam' or '0X610000F6' Error Message Displays for HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer...)

I know you are not getting this exact error message however the steps listed may help.

What are the results? Are you now able to make a Copy? I look forward to hearing from you.

If after all the troubleshooting steps have been completed you are still unable to use your printer, you will need to contact our technical support at www.hp.com/contacthp/ as it may be the hardware. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" . If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer. Although I followed all the instructions one by one, I'm still having the same code errors plus I just had a new one ending in 167 and I wasn't able to get the photocopy out of the all-in-one printer. In addition to this, my computer doesn't recognize the printer.

Thanks for your time and help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.