Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Every once in a while, I'm seeing my P1102w print pages with a small horizontal streak. This only occurs on one page (not the one right before or right after it). I looked in the manual and didn't see this in the troubleshooting section.

I would doubt that this is low toner, as it has printed less than 1000 pages on the current toner.

Any suggestions?

HP LaserJet Tank 2504dw
HP 15-ef2126wm
HP 15-dy5073dx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Nothing on that page that you linked to, matched my problem.

I just switched out a new toner, and after 75 pages or more, I have yet to see that random horizontal line. It was printing at about every 5-8 pages or so, so this is a pretty representative sampling.

That is strange, though, assuming it is the toner. I got about 1000 pages out of it, maybe a bit less, but this is a bit disappointing. I'll put it back in when I'm done with this newer toner, just to get my money's worth, but still....

HP LaserJet Tank 2504dw
HP 15-ef2126wm
HP 15-dy5073dx

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello there @paulri ,

I would suggest trying out the Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues guide for the problem you are having with the occasional print showing a streak.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you, such as a replacement or trade in. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and if you are calling outside of the US/Canada region,: click here.

Best wishes to youSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Nothing on that page that you linked to, matched my problem.

I just switched out a new toner, and after 75 pages or more, I have yet to see that random horizontal line. It was printing at about every 5-8 pages or so, so this is a pretty representative sampling.

That is strange, though, assuming it is the toner. I got about 1000 pages out of it, maybe a bit less, but this is a bit disappointing. I'll put it back in when I'm done with this newer toner, just to get my money's worth, but still....

HP LaserJet Tank 2504dw
HP 15-ef2126wm
HP 15-dy5073dx
HP Recommended

It must have been bad toner. I've printed out quite a bit since the above post, and those horizontal black lines have been banished from my printer.

Strange, though--I've never seen lines like that before, when printing, either from an inkjet or a laserjet.

Oh well, as long as its not a printer problem.

HP LaserJet Tank 2504dw
HP 15-ef2126wm
HP 15-dy5073dx
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.