Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6810
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've been through all the paper sizes, and have not been able to set a custom size to 12 inches by 6 inches

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @gruggill, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you are unable to set the custom paper size to 12 inches by 6 inches.

I have checked the printer specifications and the maximum custom paper supported by this printer are 8.5 inches.

Please refer product specifications page for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm afraid that doesn't make sense to me! The printer is capable of printing up to A3 (the main reason I bought it) so is obviously quite capable of printing 6" x 12". And, one of the standard options is 12"x12" paper (with small margins). So why can't I use Custom to a fairly common 6"x12" (aka 12"x6")?

HP Recommended

Hi! @gruggill, thanks for the reply.

As per the specifications of the printer, your printer can only support 6 inches (Width) by 12 inches (Height)

It cannot support 12 inches (Width) by 6 inches (Height) it's a printer limitation.

Hope this answers your query.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am happy with  6 inches (Width) by 12 inches (Height) but I cannot find the option to set the printer to do this.  Please tell me where to find this option as I believe I have been along every path and not found it! 

There are lots of paper options (see below), but I cannot see 12x6 or 6x12!

HP printer paper sizes.JPGHP printer paper sizes 2.jpg

HP Recommended

@gruggill, thanks for the response.

Thanks for providing details and trying out the steps

Try few steps recommended below.

Go to Control panel – Devices and Printers
Select HP Officejet 6810 and then click on “Print server properties” 
Click the box which says “Create a new form” and give a form name.
Select the Width & Height as 6*12 and click on apply & ok to save the settings.
Now open the document that you want to print – Go to printer properties / Properties and change the paper size – Select the new form that you created.
Make sure other settings are also correct including the paper type.

If the issue still persists uninstall the printer software from your PC and install the printer software from this link.

Let me know if this works!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No that didn't help. I can set the paper size in the printer server propertis, but the form doesn't then appear as an option. I've done it a few times, and re-booted, and no good. I have not re-installed the printer driver as that's a step too much.

I have just found in the Help that custom sizes can only be set on MAC OS X.  (at least, that what it seems to say). 

As it is easy to do on my Canon printer, I'm not happy with this HP printer. 

HP Recommended

@gruggill

Thanks for replying with the information.

I appreciate the steps you have performed and have done a great job.

Custom size can set in the windows as well for more information go through this link: http://hp.care/2emJU3E

Let me know if this helps, Cheers 🙂

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.