Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I do an Windows update (windows 10 64-bit) I loose my printer from devices and prniters.  I have to reinstal it.  Is there a way to stop this?  The printer is installed using bluetooth.  My computer is a Microsoft Surface Pro.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @rcastle659, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand your printer gets removed from devices and printer everytime you update windows on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

How is your printer connected is it wired or wireless?

Update Bluetooth drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Click Start and type services.msc in the Search field then press Enter.

Check if the Print Spooler service is set to Automatic.

Also, set Bluetooth service to automatic in services.

Follow these steps to resolve Bluetooth connectivity issues.
Press the Power button () to turn on the HP product, if it is not already turned on.
Make sure that the Bluetooth light () on the HP product is lit.
Turn on the Bluetooth sending device, if it is not already turned on.
Wait until the HP product is idle and silent before you send a print job.
Make sure that the HP product is within the range of the Bluetooth sending device. Bluetooth printing allows wireless printing up to 10 m (30 ft).
Temporarily remove any other Bluetooth devices connected to your computer that is not needed for troubleshooting connectivity issues.
Temporarily remove any USB devices that are not needed for troubleshooting connectivity issues.
   NOTE:
Multiple USB devices simultaneously connected to the computer can interfere with a Bluetooth transceiver.
If a document does not print, there could be a wireless signal interruption. If a message displays on the computer explaining that there is a signal problem, cancel the print job and then resend it from the computer.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.