Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I broke the little piece that is connected to the paper output tray extender that prevents paper from hitting the floor.  I would like to replace it if possible.  I have two questions:

1) Can it be removed and replaced?

2) If so how do I do that.

Regards,

Michael

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi Mrivner,

Unfortunately, that's not a replaceable part.  The only replacable part is the paper tray.

Hope this helps.   

HP Recommended
Thanks. That is unfortunate since it is such a fragile part. Trying to fix.
Michael
HP Recommended

My tray extender snapped right off. So did the one on my husband's printer. I've never had this problem with HP before. I have to say that it was extremely fragile! It seems to me that this should be reported as a design flaw since it is almost impossible to repair it.

HP Recommended

I broke the little piece that is connected to the paper output tray extender that prevents paper from hitting the floor.  I would like to replace it if possible.  I have two questions:

1) Can it be removed and replaced?

2) If so how do I do that.

HP Recommended

So has this changed in the last couple years? I have had 2 or 3 broken. There should be some way to get a new tray to replace the broken one.

HP Recommended

Couldn't agree more. This is an obvious flaw that should be repaired. They are still selling the same machine too!

HP Recommended

I couldn't agree more! Very frustrating!

HP Recommended

I agree that this is a design flaw.  This part is too fragile and the entire printer should not need to be replaced to fix this.  I have been fortunate not to have broken this in the new 8600 that I purchased but I am in constant dread that I will.  Otherwise I love the printer.

Michael

HP Recommended

I just recently ordered this part from partshere.com, Part# CM749A.  They have any hp part you need.  My problem is, I can't seem to get the old part off to replace it with the new part.  I'm sure I'll figure it out some how.  I hope this helps.

Siscat

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.