Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7612

Does the HP Officejet 7612 wide format printer have a removable print head? This information hasn't been easy to find across the board for printers.  Is there a list of the Photosmart and all in one printers with removable print heads?

My HP Photosmart 6520 (does NOT have a removable print head) died from a clogged black ink print head at 13 months old and out of warranty.  I've read this isn't uncommon and misery loves company but I want to add that the clogging likely crossed the point of no return when the printer wasn't used for 2 weeks in that 13th month. Perhaps if I'd done preventative maintenance by running the print head cleaner prior to leaving for 2 weeks it wouldn't have died. I don't know and I'm not going to dig out the manual to see if that was in the maintenance instructions. I recently moved and just want to get on with life after the hours I've spent trying to save the 6520. I looked at other brands but after reading reviews, right now think I'll just go with the brand I know already.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the following post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/Awesome-design-removable-print-head/td...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks for your quick reply! 

Here's an unofficial list of HP all in one printers that appear to have removable printheads (compiled from that post) for anyone who is interested, but PLEASE confirm before making any purchase.

Photosmart 7520
Photosmart 7510
Photosmart C5300 / C6300
Photosmart B8550
Photosmart D7560
Photosmart b109 / c310 / b210 / c309 / b209 / b010 / b110 / c510 / c309 / c410

Officejet 6500, 6500 wireless
Officejet 6000, 6000 wireless
Officejet 7000 wide format
Officejet 6500A, OJ 6500A Plus
Officejet 7500A wide format

The OJ 7612 isn't on the list but is that because it doesn't have a removable print head or because  it's a more recent model?

HP Recommended

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973 This says the 7612 does not have a removable print-head because it uses HP Ink Cartridges 932 and 933. Karl

HP Recommended

looks like my Photosmart 6520 will not remove the print heads?  That kind of sucks...Does this mean because there is a pile of black gunk beneith the black cartridge that will not print even though it has a new cartridge.....my 6520 is dead?  

For over 15 years I have been a fan of HP products.  Unfortunately, this last one I purchased (6520) has been nothing but trouble.  My roommate just purchased an Office Jet ??  and is having problems with a 6520, and with her new HP Officejet she is having internet connectivity issues.  I am not happy with HP printers, ink, etc. and will no longer recommend your product.

So, can I remove the print heads or not?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.