03-01-2012 01:31 PM
Let's start by trying this:
- Unplug the printer power cord from the printer and the wall.
- Turn off the PC.
- Disconnect the USB cable from both ends.
- Plug the printer back in and turn it on.
Now, can you print a self-test page from the printer?
- Make sure there is unused, plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
- On the product control panel, press and hold the Power button and the Cancel (X) button at the same time.
- Release both buttons. The diagnostic page prints.
If that does not work, are there any blinking lights on the printer? This document might explain them: Blinking lights.
If the self-test page does print normally, reconnect the USB cable, turn the PC back on and try to print a Windows test page:
- Click the Windows icon and then click Control Panel . The Control Panel opens in a new window.
- Click Hardware and Sounds .
- Click Printers . The Printers folder opens.
- Right-click the printer icon in the Printers folder.
- Click Properties . The printer Properties window opens.
- In the General tab, click Print Test Page . The Windows Printer Test Page prints.
If you have problems printing from Windows, you can try some of the troubleshooting steps in this document:
I hope this helps.
- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
07-11-2012 06:23 PM
I am trying to download a purchased pattern. I only get the last page of the five and half of the fourth page to print and one blank sheet. I can see all five pages on the computer screen, but only those two print . Can anyone tell me how to get the rest of the pages to print? My printer is an hp 6510 and I bought it about 6 weeks ago. It hasn't done this before. Thanks.
11-15-2012 02:02 PM - edited 11-15-2012 02:05 PM
I will need a little more info in order to help out. Have you tried printing the webpage through a different browser? Does the printer print correctly through Microsoft word? How is the computer and the printer connected to each other. Will it let you compy and paste the content to a word document and print it that way as a work around?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)