Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8720
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

i have a office jet pro8720   ( still in warranty )     

For a  time i was able to access printing apps , but everytime i restarted the printer i needed to   ''update'' the printing apps everytime to be able to visualize -- use them

after the most recent firmware update, i cannot access any print apps at all -- drive-- quick forms --- etc

My firmware is WMP1CN1910AR

Printing apps are activated in my   EWS page

Technical assistance from hp offered to replace the printer --    but i believe is not a direct hardware problem,

can some one very kindly help me out?   i could not find anything useful on the forum

Thanks again

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

@Umbierto,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Let's try these steps:

Step 1: Power Reset

• Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
  • Turn the printer on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 60 seconds
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • Check if you access the apps
  • If the issue persists, proceed to the next step

Step 2: Check if the apps are added on to your HP Connected account

• Please follow these steps:
  • Check if the apps are added on to your connected account. it shows the list of apps installed on your printer.
  • Below is the example of an HP connected account.

If the apps are not added, add the apps.

To add an App, select Services > Printables > Select the app and add.

Once the app is added to the connected account, the same would be reflected on the printer.

Open the printables on the printer and check if the app is installed.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i followed step 1 with no success.

For step 2 ,    i am logging in via the UK site , and the interface is completely different , i cannot find the  'services'  or  'printables''  menu  anywhere.

Here is what i see.

i still have no access to google drive quickforms and anything else ( wich were accessible a couple of weeks ago)

adsadsada.PNG

HP Recommended

@Umbierto,

The other step that we can try is to perform a full factory reset on the printer.

But if you have enrolled the printer for Instant Ink, the instant ink cartridges may not work on the printer after you reset the printer.

If you have not enrolled the printer for instant ink, you can try this reset.

Factory reset settings of a printer differ from one printer model to another.

I will send you a private message that would have the steps to reset your printer to the factory settings.

Note: Resetting the printer to the factory settings would erase all configurations like your Wireless settings, Fax settings, and other preferences. You have to re-do the set up again once you perform the factory reset. Do not perform this step if your printer is enrolled with Instant Ink.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i did not enrol my printer to instant ink yet, i will now check the inbox for your message

HP Recommended

bump----

full factory reset has been performed to no avail ,

i think it has something to do  with the new firmware update   ( as when i purchased the printer those apps were accessible , i am still referring to the built in ones -- quickforms -- calendar -- direct access to drive ,   etc etc )

Forum suport redirected me to phone support

will update 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.