Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 4630 printer. I had it all set up and could print fine from my computer. My internet and printer won't connect to wifi at the same time. If I want to print I have to disconnect from the internet and click connect to connect my printer so it will work.

I have reconnected the printer to the wifi home network and the laptop and the printer are on the same home network.  when I set up the printer again ( making sure the IP# was correct)on my laptop  it did a test page which printed at the same time the laptop was connected : )  ......  but that the ONLY time .  I still can't connect to printer and wifi at the SAME TIME.

H E L P

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello there

I does sound like the problem it´s coming from the network and not the PC or printer , have you trying turning off the modem or wireless modem the printer and the PC all of them at the same time (then you will start by turning on the modem wait for all the lights to come up then the printer and finally the PC) to refresh connections between all of them. 

Something else you want to review it´s on the wireless connection type printers only support 2.4 GHZ connections if you are using the 5 GHZ or the router it´s trying to deliver that one that´s where the issue may be coming from 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

tried the first suggestion with no luck....

your second one is kind of hard for me to understand.. how do i check to see what GHZ my printer and router are?

HP Recommended

You don't want to click connect to your printer. You have Wireless Direct turned on. This is only for folks that have no router or ISP to connect in the house.

You need to turn off Wireless Direct in the printer and connect the printer to your routers SSID with password.  Fixed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.