Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP M125nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all

Hello 🙂

I have an HP m125nw Printer and I have it for about 3 years. I have scan/print app in windows 10 64 bit in 2 laptops and it is about 3 month that it doesn't work in any of them! I can just use it with mac! and I deleted the app from Control Panel and I wanted to reinstall it but now when it wants to install in connecting product with wire step, it takes about 15 mins and after that, it said: An install operation took too long to execute. This is a fatal error preventing product use. Please restart your computer, and run this installer again. If the problem persists, please check the product support website for your product.

every driver in my laptop is updated, I use the last version of the app for installing and I don't know what should I do! 

PLZ help me 🙂

Best regards

Shahab

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Shahab,

First, ensure the USB is unplugged.

From the printer front panel click the right arrow till Service is shown, then press OK.

using the right arrow look for an HP Smart Install option, if such option is shown disable the feature.

On your computer open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.

Remove any listed HP printer and restart your computer.

Right-click the start icon and select Run, paste the following and press OK:

printui.exe /s

Within the Drivers tab remove any listed HP printer, be sure to select the 2nd option to delete both the printer driver and its driver package, then press Ok to close that doalog.

Now reinstall the HP software and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.